The Creative Photography course includes Creative Photography I and II.
Creative Photography I: Creating Images with Impact!
Have you ever wondered how photographers take such great pictures? Have you tried to take photographs and wondered why they didn’t seem to capture that moment that you saw with your eyes? This course focuses on the basics of photography, including:
- Building an understanding of aperture
- Shutter speed
You will use the basic techniques of composition and camera functions to build a portfolio of images, capturing people, landscapes, close-up, and action photographs.
Creative Photography II: Discovering Your Creative Potential
In this course, you will examine and learn about various aspects of professional photography and will:
- Examine the ethics of the profession
- Learn about areas that professional photographers specialize in, such as wedding photography and product photography
- Study some of the most respected professional photographers in history
- Learn how to critique photographs in order to better understand what creates an eye-catching photograph
Please note, you must have access to a digital camera (cell phone cameras do not fufill the requirement) to take the Creative Photography course. Due to the digital nature of this course, you will not need access to a darkroom. Please note a darkroom is an optional material listed within the DOE course description.
Course Code: 0108310